PlayStation Now is a video game streaming service provided by Sony, the creator of the very popular and successful PlayStation console. This service is one of a few trying to explore video game streaming.
While people are already used to content streaming, mostly in the form of music or video, video game streaming is a recent concept that gained popularity in the last few years.
Now, Sony is announcing that the list of games available through the service will be constantly updated. So you need to check it out at least once a month to see what’s new.
Now, let’s get right into it and discover how we can play PS4 games on PC without the actual PS4 console doing all the work.
Can you download PS4 games on a PC?
The answer is yes, provided you use the PS Now or PS4 Remote Play services. Otherwise, you will need a PS4 emulator in order to do so, but this type of software doesn’t allow you to play what you want.
There are, of course, PC versions of some of the most popular PlayStation 4 games, such as Days Gone, Horizon Zero Dawn, and God of War.
For anything other than that, refer to what we said above and remember that these are the only ways, for the time being.
Can I install PS4 games on a PC?
We’re just going to give you the short answer and avoid causing any further suspense or agony. You cannot download PS4 games on any other device other than PS4 itself.
That being said, you can, however, transfer already installed games to an external hard drive, if that is what you want.
How can I play my PS4 games on my PC?
1. Play your PS4 games on PC with the PS Remote Play software
1. Navigate to the download page for PS Remote Play.
3. Double-click on the installation file that was downloaded to your PC to start the installation process.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the app.
5. When the installation is complete, click the Sign in to PSN button and use your credentials to log in.
6. Now you need to configure your PS4 console. To start off, turn it on and go to Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings.
7. Tick the checkbox next to Enable Remote Play.
8. Go back to Settings and navigate to Account Management.
9. Lastly, connect your DualShock 4 controller to your PC via an USB cable.
The best way to play your PS4 games on a PC is via PS Remote Play. It is an official software developed by Sony that allows you to do just that. Before you can use it, you need to ensure your console is up to date with the latest updates.
Moreover, in order to run PS Remote Play on your PC, this is what you need to have:
- Windows 10 or Windows 11
- 7th Generation Intel® Core™ processors or later
- At least 100 MB of disk space
- At least 2 GB of RAM
- Display resolution that is 1024 × 768 or higher
- A sound card
- An USB port & USB cable
- A high-speed internet connection
- A Playstation Network account
- A Dualshock 4 wireless controller
2. Use PS Now to play PS4 games on a PC
- Download and install PS Now app from the official source.
- Connect the DualShock controller to the PC – see this guide to connect the PS controller to Windows.
- Start streaming and playing on your Windows PC.
As for requirements, you will need a computer, a DualShock controller, a PS Now subscription, and, of course, a good Internet connection.
The PC hardware requirements are quite low with a Core i3 2.0 GHz and 2GB of RAM minimum.
Gamers will be able to play PlayStation 4 games directly on their PCs as long as they are using the PS Now service or PS4 Remote Play.
For those that haven’t gotten a chance to brush up on modern gaming habits, game streaming implies that the actual games are run and processed on the service provider’s machines.
The visual information is sent via the Internet to users, which control the game remotely. This allows people to play high-end games that won’t run on older PCs, so there’s no need to fully upgrade a computer just for playing a game.
New or old, there are hundreds of games available that were released for PS4, PS3, and even PS2 that you can play on your Windows PC.
PlayStation Now service can be used to access exclusive PlayStation games such as the critically acclaimed Uncharted series, and stream and play them on your PC.
Also, one of the biggest attractions of the PS Now service is that you can start playing on one device and resume playing on the other device if you are signed in to your PlayStation account on both devices.
There you go! Now you know everything that is about playing Ps4 games on a PC without a console, or simply playing PS4 games on a PC with a keyboard and mouse.
Should I play PS4 games on a PC emulator?
As we mentioned above, the software for emulating PlayStation 4 games on your PC exists, but don’t expect to have the same flawless experience.
That being said, there aren’t many of them and they can’t emulate full games due to PS 4 being a more recent gaming system that takes a significant amount of resources.
Out of the available PS4 emulators for PC, the best ones to use would be PS4Emus, PCSX4, Orbital PS4 Emulator, or fpPS4 Emulator. There are others as well, but still pretty rudimentary or still in the early development stages.
Leave a comment below if this article helped you achieve your goals, or if you ran into any problems while trying to do so.