- You can contact Amazon’s customer service team through the website.
- For basic issues, Amazon’s customer service page has helpful FAQs and support articles.
- For complicated problems, you can call Amazon directly at 1-888-280-4331.
Considering we order everything from household essentials to clothes to groceries on Amazon, not to mention rely on devices like Amazon Echo, Alexa, Kindles, and Fire tablets, there’s no doubt you’ll need to contact the online retailer at some point to initiate a return, make changes to an order, or troubleshoot a feature.
And although Amazon often makes contacting them difficult, there are a variety of ways to use their customer service tools. And a few of them even let you talk to a real person.
Use Amazon’s Customer Service Help page
The quickest way to get help with an Amazon order or account is to visit the Customer Service page.
The majority of your questions and issues can probably be solved through this page alone. If you need help tracking down an order that hasn’t arrived, starting a refund, reloading a gift card, managing details on your account, or troubleshooting devices, check out this page’s help articles.
Email Amazon customer service
Sometimes you may not be able to find the answer to your specific question on the Customer Service page. In that case, you could email cs-[email protected] with a detailed message describing your issue.
Unfortunately, they really don’t like to handle customer support issues over email, so it can take a long time to get a response. For that reason, emailing Amazon should be seen as a way to get solutions for problems that are important, but not urgent.
Call Amazon customer service
Amazon’s customer service phone number is 1-888-280-4331, and that number is live 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Like most major retailers, Amazon prefers that you use one of its automated customer support methods. Even if you call them directly, you’ll speak with a bot before you hear from a real person. But if you keep digging, you’ll eventually connect with a human.
This method also requires you to have a cell phone connected to your Amazon account, since you’ll need to enter a verification code or click a link that gets texted to you.
If calling seems like a hassle, you can use their online live chat too.
Try Amazon’s online live chat
Often an online chat with an Amazon customer service rep is an easier way to get in contact with Amazon and to resolve an issue. Here’s how to do it.
1. Head back to the Help page we talked about above, and select the Something else option at the top.
2. When it asks what you need help with, select I need more help.
3. A new window will open, and Amazon’s automated messenger bot will ask you what your issue is. Say, “Talk to a representative” until it presents you with the following options:
- Chat with an associate now: Talk with a customer service representative over chat
- Request a phone call: Speak with someone on the phone.
Quick tip: If you’d like to see if other consumers have raised similar issues as you around Amazon services or hardware, you can browse Amazon’s Digital and Device Forum.
Contact Amazon via social media
If your preferred method of communication is social media, you can comment, tweet, or hashtag one of their several accounts. This isn’t the most efficient way to reach them, but it can work if you’re patient.
Amazon’s customer service Twitter account is @amazonhelp. Their Facebook page is www.facebook.com/Amazon. And on Instagram, they’re — you guessed it — @amazon.