This Minecraft tutorial explains how to craft podzol with screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
In Minecraft, podzol is an item that you can not make with a crafting table or furnace. Instead, you need to find and gather this item in the game. Gathering podzol is a bit tricky in Minecraft because first you need to find it in an Old Growth Pine Taiga biome and then you need to mine it with a tool that is enchanted with Silk Touch.
Let’s explore how to add podzol to your inventory.
Podzol is available in the following versions of Minecraft:
PlatformSupported (Version*) Java Edition (PC/Mac)Yes (1.7.2) Pocket Edition (PE)Yes Xbox 360Yes (TU31) Xbox OneYes (CU19) PS3Yes (1.22) PS4Yes (1.22) Wii UYes (Patch 3) Nintendo SwitchYes Windows 10 EditionYes Education EditionYes
* The version that it was added or removed, if applicable.NOTE: Pocket Edition (PE), Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows 10 Edition are now called Bedrock Edition. We will continue to show them individually for version history.
Where to find Podzol in Creative Mode
How to get Podzol in Survival Mode
You can add podzol to your inventory in Survival mode by mining a block of podzol with a tool that has been enchanted with Silk Touch. So let’s get started!
1. Find a Block of Podzol
First, find a block of podzol in your Minecraft world. Podzol is usually found in the Old Growth Pine Taiga biome.
This is what podzol looks like:
Podzol looks a lot like dirt but it has orange and green colors mixed in it making it very easy to spot.
2. Hold a Tool with Silk Touch
To mine podzol, you need to use a tool with Silk Touch such as a pickaxe, shovel, or axe:
In this example, we are going to use an iron pickaxe that is enchanted with Silk Touch.
3. Mine the Podzol
The game control to mine the podzol depends on the version of Minecraft:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), left click and hold on the block of podzol.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), you tap and hold on the block of podzol.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press and hold the RT button on the Xbox controller.
- For PS3 and PS4, press and hold the R2 button on the PS controller.
- For Wii U, press and hold the ZR button on the gamepad.
- For Nintendo Switch, press and hold the ZR button on the controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, left click and hold on the block of podzol.
- For Education Edition, left click and hold on the block of podzol.
The podzol block will break and a smaller block of podzol will float on the ground.
4. Pick up the Podzol
Make sure you pick up the podzol before it disappears.
Once you pick up the podzol, it will appear in your hotbar.
Podzol is a rare and difficult item to find. It should be kept in your inventory to be used later.
Item ID and Name
Give Command for Podzol
Other Items Requiring Silk Touch to Gather
The following are other items in Minecraft that you can only gather with a tool enchanted with Silk Touch: