The Seaman Visa is issued to any foreigner who in good faith has signed on the articles of a vessel arriving at port of the Philippines from any place outside thereof employed in any capacity on board such vessel and seeking to enter the Philippines solely in pursuit of his calling as a seaman and with the intention of departing also with the vessel.
Requirements for 9(C) Seaman Visa:
- Letter from employer or manning agency stating the vessel where the applicant will work and the Philippine port where the applicant will board the vessel. (Seamen are allowed to present a one-way plane ticket.)
- Accomplished non-immigrant visa application FA Form No. 2-A.
- Electronic or machine-readable passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond authorized period of stay in the Philippines.
- One (1) recently taken colored photo 1.77″ x 1.37″ (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm), front view, with a white background; no eyeglasses or sleeveless attire. Digital photographs are not allowed.
- Original supporting documents
- Round trip flight itinerary to country of origin or next country of destination.
- Payment of fees
The Crew List Visa is issued for the entire crew of a registered vessel or aircraft landing in the Philippines. Personnel on the aircraft or vessel whose names are not included in the crew list visa or not possessing a valid individual Philippine entry visa will not be allowed to enter the Philippines.
Requirements for 9(C) Crew List Visa:
- Copy of Vessel Register showing vessel’s name, official number (IMO) and specification particulars;
- Copy of the passport of the Vessel Master / Captain who will be commanding the vessel when it enters the Philippines. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure from the Philippines. The copy must be printed on A4-size paper.
- Copy of the Seaman’s Record Book of the Vessel Master / Captain who will be commanding the vessel when it enters the Philippines. The copy of the Seaman’s Record Book / maritime credentials record must show the page with the latest log entry. The copy must be printed on A4-size paper.
- Copy of the Crew members’ national passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond intended stay in the Philippines or completion of trip;
- Signed letter from the vessel owner, naming the Vessel Master / Captain, identifying the authorized ship agent, requesting multiple entry crew list visa for the vessel’s foreign crew members. The letter must be supported with attachments showing relevant information on the vessel’s multiple port calls.
- Three (3) printed copies of the accomplished Crew List Visa application form (refer to instructions below on how to fill up the application form). The digital file of the accomplished application must be emailed to the Embassy visa section at [email protected]
- Accomplished Supplemental Form for Crew List Visa, downloadable from this Consulate’s website.
- Payment of Visa Fee, according to the schedule of fee (non-refundable), payable in cash or money order made payable to the “Philippine Consulate General, New York.” Personal checks and debit/credit cards are not accepted.
Instructions on how to fill up the Crew List Visa application form
The Crew List Visa application is downloadable from the Consulate’s website. The application form is a digital MS-EXCEL file which has 2 tabs, i.e.
(a) the Details of the Vessel and the journey to the Philippines, and
(b) complete list of names and details of crew members and passengers.
Be guided by the following instructions for accomplishing the Crew List Visa form:
- The Crew List Visa application form must be downloaded from this Embassy’s website.
- The Local Agent may accomplish the Crew List Visa application.
- The data entries must be entered directly into the downloaded MS-EXCEL file (not written on the printed copy of the file).
- The passport of the Vessel Master / Captain must be used for the Crew List Visa application, even if the Vessel Master / Captain already possesses a valid Philippine visa.
- Three (3) copies of the completely accomplished file must be printed on A4-size paper.
- The Vessel Master / Captain must review the printed copies and affix his live signature on Section F (Declaration of Captain / Master) of the 3 printed copies.
- The accomplished digital file of the Crew List Visa application (the actual MS-EXCEL file, not PDF) must be emailed to the Embassy’s Visa Section ([email protected]), titled “CREW VISA APPLICATION”.
- The Local Agent must bring the 3 printed copies of the accomplished form to the Philippine Consulate General and sign Section G (Attestation of Agent) on the 3 printed applications in front of the consular official receiving the application. The Local Agent pays the required visa fee to the Embassy cashier.
- The Local Agent collects the visaed Crew List, which is given to the Vessel Master / Captain for presentation to the Philippine immigration authorities upon arrival in the Philippines.