Duới đây là các thông tin và kiến thức về How to get your temps in ohio hay nhất được tổng hợp bởi thomo.today
All new drivers in Ohio are required to start with a Temporary Instruction Permit Identification Card (TIPIC) when applying for a license for the first time.
The temporary instruction permit, also known as the driver’s permit, will let you practice driving under the supervision of a licensed driver. If you are under 18 years old, you need to hold and practice with your permit for at least 6 months before you can take your driving skills test. There is no such restriction if you are over 18.
How to Get a Temporary Instruction Permit in Ohio
There are a number of steps you need to complete before you can receive your permit. Here’s a step-by-step list of what you need to know.
- Locate your closest Ohio Driver Exam Station. You may also need to book an appointment in advance. Make sure to verify the available days and hours for testing beforehand.
- Gather Your Documents. You will need to bring approved documents proving the following:
- Full Legal Name
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Parental Permission and Liability, if under 16.
- Take the Knowledge Test. The test consists of 40 questions, and it will cover the motor vehicle regulations and traffic signs found in your Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws Handbook. You must get 30 correct to pass. If you fail, you will need to wait 24 hours before you can take it again. There is no limit on the number of times you can attempt the test otherwise. The best way to prepare for your permit test is using our online permit practice tests so you know that you come fully prepared for your exam!
- Pass the Vision Test. You must pass a vision exam with or without corrective lenses. If you need corrective lenses to pass the test, it will be indicated on your permit that you are required to wear them while driving.
- Visit a Deputy Registrars’ office. You must do this within 60 days of passing your written and vision exams. If you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian must co-sign your TIPIC application at the Deputy of Registrar. If you are under 16, they must also sign a statement indicating that they agree to any financial responsibility if you fail to drive safely. Remember to bring the following documentation:
- Full legal name
- Social Security Number
- Citizenship or legal presence
- Ohio Residency
- Your receipt with the identification number from the testing center
- Pay the Required Permit Fee.
- Receive Your Permit. You will receive your new TIPIC card in the mail within ten days.
Ohio Temporary Instruction Permit Restrictions
- You must have a licensed adult over 21 in the seat beside you, regardless of your age.
- If you are under 16, this driver MUST be your parent or legal guardian that signed for financial responsibility OR a certified driving instructor.
- If you are between 16 and 18, you can drive with any licensed adult, EXCEPT between the hours of midnight and 6 am. During those hours you can only drive if you are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Ohio law prohibits BOTH you and the adult supervisor in the seat beside you from having any amount of alcohol in your systems when you drive.
Your TIPIC card expires one year from issuance. If it expires before you take your skills test, you must return to the exam center to retake the vision and knowledge exam before a new one can be issued.
How to Progress to the Next License
If you are under 18, you must complete the following requirements before you can get a probationary license:
- Hold your instruction permit for at least six months.
- Complete an approved Ohio Driver’s Education Course consisting of 24 hours of classroom instruction and eight hours of driving.
- Complete 50 hours of supervised driving, of which at least 10 are at night.
- Pass the driving skills test.
If you are over 18, you do not have any requirement to practice before you can apply for your road test. However, if you fail the test, you will be required to wait a week before you can retest, and you will be required to take the Abbreviated Adult Driver Training Course.
That’s everything you need to know about getting your driver’s permit in Ohio. If you need any help studying for your upcoming knowledge or driving exams, then Zutobi is the perfect study resource with a summarized handbook, Ohio permit practice tests, and a gamified learning experience.