PSP is superior to Nintendo, despite what some may think. My childhood was filled with games such as God of War, Grand Theft Auto and Crisis core. It was truly satisfying to play endless PSP games until your fingers went numb. Unfortunately, not all of these PSP games can be downloaded for Android smartphones.
After a long time, I finally met up with my childhood friends. We talked about all the great memories of playing nonstop PSP games on our PlayStation Portable consoles. These games were so much fun that we created a competition prize to be awarded to the winner. Even though the prize was a small candy, it was worth the effort. Those were the most stress-free days of my life, I’m certain.
When I got home, I went looking for my PSP console. Yes, it’s still there. It runs smoothly, with the exception of a few scratches to the screen and a short-lasting battery. After many decades, I finally got to play my favorite, the final fantasy 7 games. This was the most satisfying feeling I had in a long time.
Even if you don’t own a PSP console there are still ways to enjoy these classic games. You only need an Android phone. Yes, that’s it! You can play all your PSP games from your Android phone! This guide will show you how to install and play all PSP games without a computer.
PSP in a pocket
It can be embarrassing to carry around a PSP gaming console these days. You don’t need the PSP console if you already have an Android smartphone. The majority of users prefer to play games on their Android phones over a computer. Why not? Smartphones today are powerful with high-end graphics, RAM and other features.
Playing games on Android is also easier and more accessible to a wider audience. You only need one finger to play Android games. It is much simpler than traditional PC videogames. You can play PlayStation portable games from your phone, even if you don’t have a computer. You only need a PSP emulator to run on your Android phone.
Google Play Store has many PSP emulators. These emulators are specifically designed to run PSP apps on Android. Some PSP emulator apps are compatible with Windows, Linux and macOS. PPSSPP & UltraPSP are my favourite PSP emulators. These emulators can support many games with no lag and FPS drops.
Are you looking to play PSP games on Android? These PSP games can be installed on Android phones and will help you escape the hectic and depressing world. It’s completely worth it, man!
Steps to Install and Play PSP Games On Android Without a PC
This guide will show you how to use PPSSPP on Android and play PSP games.
Step 1: Install the PSP Emulator
- First, download the PSP emulator and install it on your mobile phone.
- Verify that the emulator app works with your Android version and your phone.
- Android version 6.0 Marshmallow is required for most apps.
Step 2: Download PSP Games
- Next, you will need to download PSP games for Android smartphones.
- Many websites offer legal links to download PSP games.
- After downloading the PlayStation game, extract the RAR or 7Z archive.
- Scroll through the extracted files to make sure there are no duplicates.
- The extracted folder will contain the game ISO and CSO files.
Step 4: Start the PSP Emulator
- You can now open the PPSSPP emulator you just installed.
- The app will ask for permission to access your phone’s files, photos, media and media.
- Click on the Allow button.
- Navigate to the extracted folder.
- The folder contains the cover image for the PSP game.
- This is the PSP ISO file. Click on the game cover image.
- This will launch the PSP app on your Android smartphone.
Step 5: Go!
- Enjoy your favorite PSP game on the go with your mobile phone.
- The game’s controls are located on top of it. This is how every emulator for video games works.
- You can attach a PS4 controller (or any other controller) to your Android phone if you have difficulty using the controls.
Although the experience of playing on the Sony PlayStation Portable feels different to your Android device, I recommend you give it a try. You won’t be disappointed!