Hunger Games Party Game Supplies: Large outdoor space, multi-colored discs or squares, colored tags, scoring board, mega phone or person with loud voice
The Hunger Games is a series of books and was a very popular movie series. This game has many layers and takes preparation, but for someone who enjoys the Hunger Game series this game can be lots of fun.
We’ve come up with a unique way to merge a party game and The Hunger Games without any fighting or killing. This game is a fun mix of capture the flag, scavenger hunt and the Hunger Games theme.
Game Supplies for Hunger Games Party Game: 1. A good sized outdoor area, a half-acre or more would be great, with trees or high grass would be best but you can adapt it for more urban areas if needed.
2. Different colored discs or squares. You’ll need one color for each player in the game. The larger the acre the larger discs or squares can be. So if you are playing in the woods, you could use colored paper plates and if you are playing in a yard use plastic lid from a margarine tub or something similar and cover them with different colored construction paper and if it is a really small yard consider a lid the size of a glass juice lid/cap and cover with construction paper. You can also create cardboard squares and color them. The goal is to make the discs or squares hard but not impossible to find.
3. Selecting colors. You want to use colors that people can spot and know are part of the game. So use bright fun colors and avoid browns and greens that might blend into the background.
4. Create color buttons or tags that can be placed on the game players. This will allow each player to know what color they are. Also if you selected unique colors write the name of the color on the button or tag, so that if they hear that color called then they will know whether they are still in or out of the game.
5. Create a Tally Board that discs / squares can be placed on once they are found. The Tally Board can be made of paper or cardboard and will include a row for each District / Color, a SAFE row, an Eliminated row and a row to note which District / Color eliminated the competition.
Game Prep – Hunger Games Party Game: 1. Define your playing area so all players have an idea of where boundary lines are. Place markers or flags if needed to help define the area.
2. Once the area is defined then create a simple map of the playing field.
3. Before your event randomly place / hide colored discs or squares on the playing field and mark where each color is on your map. Note the colored discs / squares should not be visible from the starting point but can be hidden in high grass, behind trees and so forth. Again the smaller the playing field the more difficult the hiding of the discs will need to be as you want the game to be a challenge. 4. Place the Hunger Games Tally Board on a table at the Starting Line and prepare to tell the Tributes your Hunger Games rules.
5. Determine length of game. We recommend that you play your Hunger Game Party Game until all the color discs are found or until a set time limit is reached which can be 10, 15 or 20 minutes. Note: You can always add extra time to the game if the guests are taking longer than expected.